A New Pilot in Mountain View County
From 2014-2016, MAA conducted a series of stakeholder consultations that indicated a centralized, consistent and maintained data resource is missing in Alberta. As a result, MAA received funding and support to conduct a pilot project. Called the Alberta Emergency Resource Portal, the objectives of the pilot are to:
- Build a centralized, consistent, cost-effective and usable data resource portal in a particular geographic area to enable effective emergency response management of all hazards.
- Identify and remedy any deficiencies (holes and hurdles) to ensure a comprehensive tool.
- Develop a best practice resident visitation/data collection program.
- Demonstrate cost-savings for stakeholders through collaboration.
- Ensure security of private information.
- Lay the foundation for broader implementation across Alberta.
The pilot program will take place in Mountain View County and will be completed in 4th quarter 2017.[info]